Dear Parents and Friends
I cannot quite believe that we are only two weeks away from the end of term and the academic year. The move into the new school is also fast approaching and the Kier team are working very hard to meet the deadline for completion. As staff we will need to pack the contents of the existing school by the end of Tuesday 24th July, so inevitably there will need to be some actions taken before the end of term.
My intention is to ensure that all the pupils have as normal end to their year as possible however the display boards are to be transferred to the new building and will need to come down on Monday 16th July. Therefore the walls will begin to look empty during the final week I am afraid but as they say “eggs have to be broken to make an omelette!”. There will also be some boxes around the building in advance so that some non-teaching resources can be packed after the school day finishes during that last week. I am sure that you will recognise that it is a huge exercise for the staffing team to move the entire school at the end of a long term, so your understanding will be much appreciated during the last week. Thank you.
Stars of the week
To be announced on Monday
Dates for your diary
- Tuesday 10th July – Grasshopper and Caterpillar Class trip to We the Curious museum in Bristol
- Tuesday 10th July – The run through for the Variety Show will be split into two rehearsals. Please can acts please bring any equipment instruments needed for a run through from 1.30pm * notified by email
- Thursday 12th July – The run through for the Variety Show will be split into two rehearsals. Please can acts please bring any equipment instruments needed for a run through next Thursday afternoon from 1.30pm * notified by email
- Friday 13th July – Non School uniform in exchange for contributions for the hampers for the variety show raffle.
- Saturday 14th July – PTFA Variety Show. More information to follow
- Thursday 19th July – End of term service 2pm at St. Michaels Church
- Friday 20th July – Y6 Leavers show 2pm at school for year 6 parents.
Consents, medical conditions and any donations will need to be completed on your school gateway account. If we are unable to cover the costs of the trip by donations we may have to cancel trips.
Please log onto your school gateway account and settle any outstanding dinner money, nursery fees, Libacura transferred arears, after school and breakfast club monies. Thank you
The PTFA Summer Raffle tickets have been sent home with your child this week. We would be most grateful if you could sell your book and return the stubs and money to reception by next Friday please. There are some great prizes and the raffle will be drawn at the Variety Show on Saturday 14th July. NON school uniform day on Friday 13th July – in exchange for contributions for the hampers for the variety show raffle.
please bring a donation for the raffle prize.
Rehearsals for the Variety Show will continue next week with the run through split into two sessions, Tuesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon. An email has been sent out to parents telling them which day their child will be rehearsing. We have been very impressed with the improvements in the acts we managed to see on Tuesday, if we didn’t get to see you please don’t worry, keep rehearsing everyone it’s going to be a great show!