Happy New Year!
We’ve had a fantastic first week back, and the children have really done themselves proud with how hard they have worked and their behaviour this week – so well done Birch Class!
This week we:
- Had an awesome visit from author Claire Barker, who shared with us her stories and her writing process. She also got us to think about creating our own characters for the Chagword story writing competition.
- Nearly finished our writing about the Heart in Literacy.
- Have been scratching our heads and deeply thinking about fractions in maths
- Found out about some of the gods that Ancient Egyptians worshipped and had a go at creating our own.
- We played ball games in PE and stretched out whilst practicing Yoga.
- And lots more!
Year 6 – You have your mock SATs which you know all about already. You don’t have any homework this weekend except for getting plenty of rest and having a fun weekend. The mocks will run for parts of the morning between Mon-Thurs.
Monday – Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar – 45mins
Tuesday – English Reading Comprehension – 60 mins
Wednesday – Maths Papers 1 and 2 – 30 and 40 mins each
Thursday – Maths Paper 3 – 40 mins
If you are at a loose end at the weekend and would like to do some revision you can go here: https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
Year 5 – You are going to be taught by Mrs Wiseman and Miss Philpott throughout the week and your timetable will mostly be as normal. You have maths homework to complete – it should already be in your bags! 😉
Have a great weekend, Mr B