This week in Birch class we have…
- Looked at the three main nutrients we get from our food (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) and looked at how athletes need the perfect balance of all 3 to perform at their best.
- Practiced column subtraction and counting-up (frog) to find the difference in Maths
- Finished, edited, improved and published our Varjak stories – now we have moved on to our new unit of writing based on the text Wallace and Gromit book ‘Cracking Contraptions’.
- We looked at how the Blitz affected everyday life in Britain during WW2 as well as having an incredible show and tell from Brendan ( tales of shrapnel, medals, and unbelievable luck) and Daisy R has brought some very special items for us to have a look at next week.
- Met Michael Morpurgo! Michael came in to officially open our new school building and read us a great story that is not yet published!
- Used the apparatus in Gymnastics to sequence together some of the movements and balances we have been working on over the last few weeks.
Play Strike It Out with a member of your family – best of 5! If you can’t remember the rules, check them out here.
Write a diary entry from Gromit’s (the dog) point of view after having to spend all night bouncing on the Snoozatron!
ALL: leisure / suggest / community
YEAR 5: artificial / official / social / crucial / racial / special
YEAR 6: beneficial / commercial / financial / superficial / sacrificial / judicial
Have a great wekeend – stay dry! Mr B