It has been a varied and interesting week in Beetles class.
We have continued to enjoy the humour of The Day The Crayons Quit in our literacy lessons and are getting excited about our own personification of objects. In maths we’ve looked at big numbers and are getting to grips with reading, writing and comparing them. In science we followed a red blood cell on his exciting journey around the body as he delivered oxygen and collected carbon dioxide. We’ve started to think about Anglo Saxons and enjoyed using bamboo pipes to develop team working skills in PE. Each child has been presented with a story Bible which they will keep in school until the end of Year 6 when they will be able to bring them home. The children were delighted with them and we will use them in coming weeks as we look at the story of Moses.
Maths homework due in on Monday if it hasn’t been done already.
1. Learn this week’s spellings – there will be a test next week. These are important maths words.
2. Write down your three favourite jokes and then try and explain what makes them funny. Think about the things we talked about when we found the humour in The Day the Crayons Quit.
3. Make sure that you do some reading.
4. Next Friday is school photo day – make sure you’re looking good!
5. Watch out for information about football and netball matches at South Tawton next Thursday.
Thousand Twenty Thirty Forty Fifty
Sixty Seventy Eighty Ninety Hundred