This week in Bee Class we…
- Have edited and improved our story writing and have started to use the tablets to publish it in Word.
- Revised mental and written strategies of subtraction in Maths
- Had a fantastic afternoon at Okehampton College for the Hockey Festival (see pics below).
- Created hilarious news reports about the Viking invasion of Britain, filmed using the tablets
- Explored the crucial role that diet plays in an athlete’s life and created menus for a child athlete based on a balance of Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats in Science.
The children had a great time at Oke College this week when they attended the Hockey Festival. It was really well organised, with Young Sports Leaders from the college leading many of the groups and the games. We practised a lot of different skills in one afternoon: dribbling, passing, shooting, blocking and then we had a few big games at the end. It was also a good opportunity for the children to start mixing with their peers from other schools, the bulk of whom will be starting Year 7 at Okehampton College next year.
You should have received a letter via your child yesterday about the Heights and Weights visit by the school nurse next half-term – this is a yearly visit that helps DCC Public Health team to get a picture of children’s health in Devon. The nurse will be visiting us on Wednesday 1st November.
On the afternoon of the following day, Thursday 2nd November, it will be Bee Class’ assembly. It would be lovely to see as many grown-ups as possible to come – we like an audience!
Went out a little later than usual this week, but due in on the first Monday back (30th October).
Over half-term, I would you to write a 500-word story. Use the file attached for guidance and inspiration. Your story is your own and you can write about anything you like!
You should have brought home the Year 5 and 6 statutory spelling list with 10 words you have highlighted. Practice and learn these words over half-term, please.
Have a really good break! Mr B