Another very busy week in Bee Class!
This week we have:
- Shared our thoughts about Confidence – the topic of Bee class collective worship – and then worked on a plan of action for sharing those thoughts with the school (and grown-ups who were able to come along – thank you!) through drama and the sharing of our own personal experiences. This took quite a few afternoons work – I thought the end result was great! Well done Bees!
- In Maths this week, we have been revisiting Fractions – particularly how to find equivalent fractions and how to add them together, even when they have different denominators!
- In Literacy, we have been trying to find the lost city of Midas using our spelling and punctuation knowledge, as well as starting to look at our brand new text, Varjak Paw.
- In PE with have continued to practice our Hockey skills as well as balancing and stretching whilst doing Yoga.
- Sadly, the weather hasn’t been kind enough to us this week to try out our parachutes…. Fingers crossed we get a dry afternoon next week!
Okehampton Rotary Club Quiz
On Wednesday 7th February, North Tawton is hosting the first heat of the annual Year 6 quiz. I would like to take 8 children (two teams of four) to take part. The quiz starts at 6:30pm and you need to be able to get to and from North Tawton school – let me know if you would like to/can take part. It is usually a very good evening, with cake and squash available to keep your brains firing!
Literacy – write a descriptive paragraph or two about an adventure your pet (or favourite animal) has had.
originally thorough violence operation conformity
Have a great weekend, Mr B