Another busy week comes to an end in Bee Class!
This week we…
- Visited the church for the afternoon on Friday to be a part of the Bio Blitz event that is happening tomorrow at the church. Nick Baker and friends were on hand to help us find and identify some really interesting insects and flowers.
- Practiced our cricketing skills on Tuesday afternoon with our new coach Andy down at the rec.
- Completed mile number 3 of 13.1 for the OCRA half-marathon challenge
- Fine-tuned our athletic skills in readiness for Sports Day with Mrs Bayly
- Thought more about the four noble truths, Buddha’s life and how the truths could apply to our own lives.
- Discovered the huge impact the emergence of the railway had on Britain and Chagford. We had an impassioned debate and wrote a letter to Queen Victoria persuading her to extend the line from Moretonhampstead to Chagford.
- In Maths, we have mostly been revising how to multiply decimals by 2-digit numbers.
- In Literacy, we have started a new unit based on the Usborne Illustrated Thesaurus. This will really help us sharpen our grammar skills for what is coming in the next couple of weeks!
Maths – click on the link below.
Maths Homework Year 6
Literacy – SPAG paper part 2.
SPAG test practice part 2
Have a great bank holiday weekend, enjoy the sunshine and see you all again on Tuesday!