Thank you for considering Chagford CE Primary School for your child! We hope you have also read our prospectus available on our website (Info/Prospectus). We welcome pupils from two to 11 years old, and invite parents and pupils to visit our school at any time. All school admissions and applications are handled by Devon County Council and you can find out lots more information at www.devon.gov.uk/admissions. The following links and resources are designed to help you navigate your way to applying for a place for your child, whether for a September start or in year applications.
- Admission Arrangements and Policies https://new.devon.gov.uk/educationandfamilies/school-information/apply-for-a-school-place
- Normal round admissions https://new.devon.gov.uk/educationandfamilies/school-information/apply-for-a-school-place/normal-round-admissions
- Link to online applications: http://www.devon.gov.uk/index/learningschools/admissions/how-apply-school-place/admissionsonline.htm
- How to apply for your child’s first admission to Primary Education (The ‘First Step booklet’) http://www.devon.gov.uk/admissions-firststep.pdf
- Primary Admission (Paper) Form DCAF1: http://www.devon.gov.uk/admissions-dcaf1.pdf
- Application for In year Admission: http://www.devon.gov.uk/d-caf.pdf
- Local application form www.devon.gov.uk/d-caf6.pdf (You are welcome to complete this form at the end of your visit if you would like to go ahead and chose a place at Chagford CE Primary. We will send it to DCC Admissions and they will follow up with a formal offer letter.)
All new pupils are required to complete a standard Data Collection form which can be downloaded below.
We also encourage parents and carers to complete the application for the Pupil Premium. Pupil Premium is additional funding from the Government for Schools. Pupils eligibility is based on the existing Free School Meals criteria. We ask Parents and Guardians with children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 to complete a Free School Meal Application Form to check entitlement.
How to register for your child’s entitlement for Pupil Premium?
- Telephone 0845 155 1019 with your National Insurance Number, date of birth,name and child’s details.
- Complete the application form here and return to school fsm_application_form__aug_2014_.pdf
Confirmation will be sent to you and the school within 5-10 working days. Further information is available on Devon Council’s website at: